The Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek has its own Twitter and Facebook channels allowing it to issue and receive communiqués regarding news and activities connected with the project and related issues. The channels are run jointly by Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek staff at the Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz (Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation) and staff of the DDB competence network coordinator at the German National Library.
- updates on project progress
- information on newly available collections on the DDB platform
- notifications of events in which the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek is involved
- ongoing reports of events at which the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek is represented
- tips on interesting material and individual items included on the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek platform
- information on publications, press statements, new content on the website, etc.
The Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek does not automatically follow users who follow the DDB on Twitter or like other Fanpages on Facebook. The following of a user or institution by the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek does not imply its support of, or any other form of stance adopted towards, the user concerned.
As a rule, the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek updates and monitors its channels from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Postings sent outside of these periods have normally been scheduled for automatic sending at a specific time. Should Twitter or Facebook be temporarily unreachable, the Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek can accept no liability for this down time.
Mentions and direct messages
The Deutsche Digitale Bibliothek welcomes feedback and ideas. Although the Twitter and Facebook team does all it can to respond to every message, it is not always able to reply to everyone. All mentions and direct messages are read and helpful suggestions and subjects for attention are passed on to the relevant staff.